Welcome to The Prisoner Blog!
Featuring stories about the book, life, and other topics.
Most recent posts from The Prisoner Blog:
- “Banning Books,” School Boards, and the First AmendmentSchool districts are removing certain books from libraries over concerns of offensive content. Actual rates of removal seem to be greatly exaggerated. Still, the question remains whether school boards have such authority in the midst of the First Amendment. Whether one calls such library removal “banning books” or some less drastic name, the issue is important to provide notice to individuals of permissible measures.
- What Is a SPDI?A Special Purpose Depository Institution, more commonly known as a SPDI (pronounced “speedy”), is a Wyoming-chartered bank that can provide custodial services for digital assets. In other words, a SPDI operates like any ordinary bank, but it is allowed to deal with more than fiat currency (USD, CAD, GBP, etc.).
- Top 10 Hardest Crash Bandicoot 4 N. Sanely Perfect RelicsCrash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time was undoubtedly my hardest platinum trophy. I love difficult games, and I’ve gotten some challenging platinums, like Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Rogue Legacy, Nioh 1-2, and more. But Crash 4 was definitively harder for me than those games. Even ranking the hardest Crash 4 N. Sanely Perfect Relics is its own puzzle because all the levels are hard in their own way!
- What Happens if Your Dog Attacks Someone in California?Back in the day, dogs were not the only “pets” that would attack people. Back in the Wild West, when people drove their cattle, there was the possibility of a cow running from the herd and attacking someone. This is what happened in a case called Ficken v. Jones, 28 Cal. 618 (1865). A man was driving his cattle in San Francisco when a steer escaped from the herd and attacked the plaintiff.
- Behind The Games: Stories From Video Gaming’s Biggest ReleasesThere is a new book release from The Prisoner Book: Behind The Games: Stories From Video Gaming’s Biggest Releases is an e-book detailing stories from major video game releases, such as Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, and Bioshock.